SAB Estates takes data protection very seriously. Please read this policy carefully as it has been put together to give you more information on the data we hold on you and what we do with that data.
Some main points to consider:
- We will be transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with it.
- We will also use the information to help us understand you better and so that we can give you information of legitimate interest to you.
- If you tell us, you don’t want to receive marketing messages we will stop sending them. We will, of course, continue to send essential information relating to a property or service you have with SAB Estates.
- We will put in place measures to protect your information and keep it secure.
- We will respect your data protection rights and aim to give you control over your own information.
In it, we explain in more detail the types of personal information we collect, how we collect it, what we may use it for and who we may share it with.
|We, us, our, SAB Estates||SAB Estates|
|Personal information, information, data||Any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual|
Personal Information we collect about you
We may collect and use the following personal information:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone and/or fax number
- Payment information (such as a credit and debit card) and bank account details
- Telephone number and recordings when you call our customer service line
- Bank statements, passport, drivers licence, utility bill or any other documents deemed relevant when buying, selling, letting or renting a property for example; for the purposes of right to rent checks and anti-money laundering
It is important to note that SAB Estates will only use and acquire personal data when one of the following is adhered to: Consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interest.
We do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally, SAB Estates will only do this if you have consented to use of your information for a specific purpose. (e.g.) if you give us consent to tell a landlord that you were newly married or have children.
How your personal information is collected
We may collect information about you from an array of sources. This includes; information we collect directly from you; over the phone, from valuation/lead/contact form or via email.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
On the basis that you would find the information we provide useful we continue to process your information, until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
Coopers require personal information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Listed below are some of those reasons:
|What We Use Your Personal Information For||Our Reasons
|Our Explanation Of SAB Estates Legitimate Interests|
|Set up your user account||Legitimate interest||Process efficiency in dealing with such activity.|
|Notify you of the sales/letting process||Legitimate interests||Process efficiency in dealing with such activity, and to make improvements to our services.|
|To detect, investigate and report financial crime (e.g. Fraud)||Legal Obligation / legitimate interests||Developing and improving how we deal with financial crime. Complying with any legal obligation placed on us by regulators such as the FCA. Complying with any regulations that apply to us. Process efficiency in dealing with such activity, and to make service and process improvements.|
|Marketing communications to inform you of special offers, promotions, new lines and Sales. Provide you with online advertising.||Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you.||Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, invite you to provide product reviews or for market research.||Legitimate interests||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Maintaining network and data security||Legitimate interests||To maintain the security of our network this in turns helps us to maintain the safety and confidentiality of your information.|
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a website if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web.
The SAB Estates website and applications may automatically collect data about how you use our services in order to help us improve future functionality. We use Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google.
Certain devices can detect your approximate location, via latitude and longitude. The accuracy of this data is not in the control of SAB Estates. You can disable location settings within your browser.
In addition to SAB Estates using cookies and similar technologies on our Services, we allow certain third parties to set or access their cookies and similar technologies on your device to provide you with personalised content and advertising.
These two particular Cookies are known as:
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our Site. They enable us to change what you see based on your previous activity (for example, to recognise you are using our instant messaging service again).
- Targeting cookies. These are cookies which are placed when you use Our Site and which are used to deliver targeted content to you on other sites. Use of these cookies enables a third party to link your browsing activity on Our Site with your browsing activity on other sites. This information may be used to deliver targeted advertising or to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Where personal information is held and how is it protected
All data is stored on our servers and office computers which are encrypted and password protected via windows authentication.
Some data is on Google drive as part of G suite. Google fully complies with GDPR rules and is protected with encryption and 2 step verification.
We also hold information via third parties through Expert Agent, which to our knowledge is fully GDPR compliant.
While no Service is completely secure, SAB Estates will always take precautionary measures to help prevent information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
How long will your personal information be kept
SAB Estates retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide Services, support and to fulfil transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements.
How do I delete my personal data from SAB Estates and what are the consequences?
You can always request that your data be deleted by sending us an email via email@example.com or write to us at:
238 Ruislip Road
Please note, however, that by deleting your personal data from software that SAB Estates uses it may hinder the best possible experience that SAB Estates endeavours to give all of its customers.
To provide you with the best possible service we want you to be in control of how your personal information is used by us. Subject to local law, you can do this in the following ways:
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal information, or if you want us to correct any of the personal information we hold about you;
- In certain situations, you can ask us to erase, block or restrict the personal information we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal information; and
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal information you have given us to a third party.
Your trust is of the greatest importance and thus we categorically do not sell your personal information to any external companies.
We will only share your information if you have given us explicit permission to do so.
We may however from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products that you would find useful.
How to complain
Please do inform us promptly of any changes to any inaccuracies in your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
SAB Estates will ensure that any requests are handled courteously, promptly and fully in accordance with the GDPR and the DPA (date protection act).
SAB Estates can change this policy when required and whenever we feel necessary.
When changes are made we will indicate the effective date when this Privacy Statement is updated.
If we make any changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you. Either by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you most recently provided or by posting notice of the changes on this site.